11.10.2012

Lipstick From October

So I bought a whole slew of new lipsticks the day before Halloween.
Was out running errands with my mom
and was thinking of how I've really been wanting a black lipstick to try out just for the fun of it.  Then started thinking of how it would be lots of fun to try out a whole bunch of other colors too.
So after all errands were run,
I ended up buying a total of 10 lipsticks, balm stain, and lip butter.

Revlon- Just Bitten Kissable- Balm Stain- 010 Darling Cherie
The stick it's self looks like a lovely lavender (3rd from the left in the image above).
But when put on my lips, it gives them a soft pink tint.
It's hardly noticeable and basically works as a chap-stick.
Decided to return it because it didn't make my lips that lovely lavender color.

Revlon- Colorburst Lip Butter- 065 Creamsicle
The stick is peach.
Just adds a light, hardly noticeable shimmer of peach tint to lips.
Going to return this one as well.

Thinking that balm stain and lip butter is not what I want
because they don't give a bold color as lipstick.
I don't think balms and butters are really worth buying in different shades
because I can't tell the difference when they're on the lips. 

Maybelline- Colorsensational- 740 Sparkling Sand
Stick is a pale beige color.
Acted as the previous balms,
not noticeable, going to return.

Maybelline- Colorsensational- 440 Mauve It Up
Stick is a plum color.
On lips it is more of a purple tinted red-raspberry.
Even though this is a "colorsensational" as the previous
the color actually shows on the lips.
Guess they made some improvements
because the packaging says it's a new shade.

As a note to lip colors
your natural lip color will affect how the color of your lip products will appear over your lips.
So because my natural lip color is a red-salmon shade
I will expect my lip products to have my natural shade to show through
if they are not made of a waxier content.

Loreal Paris- Colour Riche- 176 Sunset Angora
The lipstick is a salmon-pink (on the far left).
On my lips it comes out quite like that color,
but of a calmer tone and red-tinted from my natural lip color
because this lipstick is of a less waxy content.

Loreal Paris- Colour Riche- 177 Fiery Veil
The lipstick is a bold red-orange (2nd from the left).
On my lips it is slightly tamer than the stick color,
yet still bold,
and of course a redder orange.
Definitely a lipstick I'd use for a sexy, unique red.
This color is for attention grabbing.
And it looks great with my dark brown hair/eyes and golden skin.

Lipstick tip#1:
For soft nice looking lips,
always apply chap-stick on before you apply lip color.
Chap Stick brand is my favorite because it always keeps my lips soft.
And if your lips are peely
a gentle scrubbing with a soft toothbrush can scrub that away.
Always apply chap-stick after exfoliating.

Rimmel London- Lasting Finish Lipstick- 276 Kasbah
Lipstick is a bronze-salmon.
On lips a redder bronze,
extremely close to the color of the lipstick.

Rimmel London- Lasting Finish Lipstick- 124 Bordeaux
Lipstick is a maroon-wine.
On the lips it is much more of a red-wine than the actual lipstick.
Quite bold and womanly.
Tends to make the skin tone appear lighter,
which I really like.

Lipstick tip #2:
To make lipstick last long,
even while drinking drinks,
be sure to add more than one layer.
1st apply chap-stick then blot with tissue,
apply a layer of lipstick then blot,
continue layering and blotting between each layer 'til reach desired color.
Sometimes I'll just do two layers of lipstick,
other times maybe five layers.
After you eat your lipstick will fade,
so you will always need to re-apply after eating,
but possibly just a light touch-up after drinks.

Revlon- Super Lustrous Lipstick Creme- 663 Va Va Violet
Lipstick is a very dark purple.
On lips a pretty purple-wine.
But the lipstick doesn't stick well,
it's quite patchy, 
my skin shows through pieces of the lip color.
It's as though this lipstick is of cheaper quality,
so going to return it.

Wet n Wild- Fantasy Makers- 12460 Black/Noir
Lipstick is black.
Appears black on lips.
A very soft lipstick,
so if not careful it can get a bit messy.
In this case it may be wise to secure the lipstick
by putting some cover-up around the lip area so it won't bleed.
When my dad first saw this lipstick on me,
he freaked out, lol.
And my boyfriend absolutely loved this color on me
when I sent him a pic to his phone.
Black lipstick is an extreme way to get people to notice you,
and a fabulous winter color;
dark as the cloudy skies.

Lipstick tip #3:
To calm a lipstick color down;
such as bold black lipstick.
First apply a layer of chap-stick (don't blot),
then apply a layer of lipstick.
Instead of blotting with tissue,
you will want to blend the lipstick into the chap-stick with your finger.
This thins out the waxiness of the lipstick creating a sheerer color.
Try to keep the color within the lip.
If lipstick bleeds out you can get a q-tip and some make-up remover to clean up outside the lips.

If you go out there to experiment with lip colors,
don't worry if it doesn't workout
because you can always return it for store credit
or exchange it for something else in the make-up section.
Always save your receipt.

Happy experimenting ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment